Nordstrom – Nars Blush in Taj Mahal – Bought this after seeing that MajorMustHaves mentioned it as a favorite, and if she’s close to my complexion that means it should look good on me. It’s nice to purchase products based on a review by someone whose complexion is close to yours. The best part is that I received 10% off because of a promotion Nordstrom is having. It’s still going on as of today so go check to see if there are any Nars blushes that you’d want. Unfortunately, when I went to pick it up in store (I ordered online to collect in store) I found out that Nars has discontinued my favorite blush from them – Cactus Flower. All cream blushes actually, because of their new Multiples. If you liked Cactus Flower and want a replacement minus the shimmer, Siam is what was recommended to me.
I picked up two things today at Ulta: Tarte Amazonian Lip Butter in Coral Blossom – I almost bought Watermelon but decided this was better to have. I believe coral is one colour that is very flattering on darker skin tones especially when looking for that pop of colour in Spring that isn’t harsh. Zoya Nail Polish in Monet – I thought this would be the perfect top coat for a nude or even Romper Room from Essie.
- Essie Nail Polish in Tart Deco, Ballet Slippers and Romper Room – all three are very popular so I just had to get them to see what the fuss is about. Ballet Slippers is a very pretty, soft pink, Romper Room is a more like a baby pink and Tart Deco is coral colour. I needed a coral so I decided this would be a good one to have.
- Milani Brilliant Shine Lip gloss in Sweet Grapefruit (09) and Bare Secret (01) – I saw these while watching someone’s haul and I thought I’d give them a try. It was a while ago so I don’t remember who.
- Essence Sun Club All-in-one Bronzing Highlighter (Brunettes•Darker skin) – I’ve seen this in a few magazines (eg. Redbook & People Style Watch) recently and decided it was worth a try. I love that it has a coral shade in it. I look forward to trying it out.
- Essence XXXL Shine Lipgloss in 26 Bright Side of Life [coral] and 07 Big Night Out [pinky nude]- I chose these because I’ve never bought an Essence lipgloss and I figured these two would be the best colours for me to try for the first time.
- Essence Eyebrow Designer in 02 Brown – I don’t think you can have too many eyebrow pencils. I like to keep them everywhere so I decided to give this one a try because it has a comb attached, you can’t go wrong with those.
BeautyBar.com Sample Society with Allure box. I don’t know how I feel about this box yet. I’m going to give it two more boxes before I decide whether or not to cancel. The only things I’m excited about are the eyeliner and the candle, which has a very musky cologne smell to it that I like. Here’s a list of what came in my box:
- h2o Plus Aquafirm+ Micro Collagen Moisturizer
- Butter London Wink Eye Pencil in Union Jack Black
- Tatcha Aburatorigami Japanese Beauty Papers
- Dr. Hauschka Cleansing Cream
- Illume Anemone Soy Candle
Ipsy‘s Bag this month was OK as well. I’m excited about the Urban Decay eyeliner and the eyeshadow from Elizabeth Mott. I don’t really care much for the Demeter Roll on Perfumes but everything else I will definitely give a try. Here’s a list of what’s shown:
- Cailyn Tinted Lip Balm in 12 Apple Pink
- Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil in Black Velvet
- Elizabeth Mott pop! goes the shadow in Champagne
- Dr. Brandt Microdermabrasion Skin Exfoliant
- Demeter Roll On Perfume Oil in Jasmine
My husband and I started walking/running outside whenever the rain isn’t falling. Since my sneakers are becoming worn down from training, I bought some running shoes. Nike is no longer selling the Flex Trainer that I love so much, so I’m on the hunt for another pair. I may just have to design my own pair and order them online since I can’t find any in colours that I like. I take my sneaker game very seriously! I purchased the Nike Free 5.0 from Sports Authority (no longer available in this colour) and I was able to get 25% off. You can get 25% off a single item online, until tomorrow, no coupon needed. You will need one in store.
Printed Cork Zip Top Pouch (left) & Camo Printed Stripe Zip Top Pouch (sold out)
This post wasn’t going up until I had these clutches! They finally arrived today and I’m so excited. I ordered them online from C Wonder and I’m very happy. I wanted to step outside of my box with the design and colours and I’ve been dying to purchase something from this website for a while. That’s what started the Polyvore sets last week. I’ll share another set with you later this week and how I wore it. I took this photo with a little extra light to show the gold shimmer in the print.
Thanks for reading and have a Happy Easter weekend!