I didn’t really want to call today a roundup because I didn’t really go out and buy everything. Most of this stuff is subscription or free. I’m showing you my Birchbox (yes I signed up for it again) and Ipsy bag because stuff came in them that I’m taking with me on vacation and those items will be highlighted. A surprise purchase awaits you at the bottom :).
I started my Birchbox subscription again simply because I missed getting another box. Literally the box and then the samples. They didn’t do too bad for my first month back as I’m particularly interested in the sunblock and eyeliner. This month I received:
- Beauty Protector | Protect & Detangle – Great for all hair types, this nourishing elixir locks in color, adds shine and instantly detangles Full size $21.95
- Coola | Classic Face SPF 30 Cucumber Moisturizer for Face – This mineral sunblock is infused with organic antiaging ingredients like evening primrose extract and borage seed oil. Full size $32
- Joie | Folle de Joie eau de parfum – For its debut scent, the chic fashion brand created this carefree mix of mandarin, rose and sandalwood. Full size $98
- Sumita | Color Contrast Eyeliner – Inspired by traditional Indian formulas, this velvety liner glides on easily and lasts for hours. Set of 4 mini pencils, $21
- *Beauty Extra* Tweezerman | Matchbox Itty Bitty Nail Files – Keep these cute mini files in your purse to fix mani mishaps. Full size $5
The nail polish that came in this month’s Ipsy bag is the second one of two that I’m going to take on vacation. I love it! The roll-on perfume is something I’m toying with as it’ll make a good handbag back up as I’m not over the moon on the scent but it’s decent. And the bag itself is coming as well. All of the info below is taken from my Ipsy Glam Room as the card is filled with wonderful offers :).
- Yaby Concealer Refills in Pecan | yaby concealers have a creamy texture and are extremely easy to apply. They are highly pigmented to correct any imperfection on the face and body, are creamy and gentle for around the eyes and are tear proof! Vegan friendly and contains no animal byproducts.
The heavy duty metal reusable pans are designed to be sturdy and not easily warped – sanitize empty pans with alcohol and keep some for other special beauty mixing needs!
- Zoya Nail Polish in Neely | Zoya Nail Polish and Treatments puts beauty, fashion and style into every bottle with innovative custom color creations and fashion trend adaptation resulting in a truly luxury cosmetic experience. Created with the finest quality pigments and finishes, each bottle of Zoya is as special and unique as the woman who created it and whose name graces every bottle – Zoya herself! The award-winning, ultra long-wearing Zoya formula is also vegan friendly and Big5Free*.
- Juice Beauty Reflecting Gloss in Pink | This exclusive, pre-launch of the Juice Beauty Reflecting Gloss will give your lips brilliant shine while keeping them healthy and nourished. A combination of antioxidant-rich acai and goji berries, natural minerals and sweet agave nectar that will give your lips radiant color! Made with certified organic ingredients.
- Pacifica Luminizing Body Butter in Coconut Crushed Pearl | Coconut Crushed Pearl Luminizing Body Butter: Treat, enhance and illuminate. This Body Butter – full of crushed pearls, minerals and ultra-nourishing phytonutrients – leaves skin hydrated, youthful, gorgeous and glowing. Coconut oil, tropical extracts, antioxidants and sea minerals hydrate and nourish. *Target sells this brand if you want to buy it.*
- Pacifica Roll-on Perfume in Island Vanilla | Island Vanilla: Inspired by the unique magic of Tahitian vanilla, this sensual blend sets sweet and sultry vanilla absolute, with honey-jasmine notes and a touch of fruitiness, against a deep and beautiful base of tea. *Target sells this brand if you want to buy it.*
I bought my first Beauty Blender from Sephora but they didn’t have the cleanser to go with it. I ordered this one because I wanted a solid cleanser to take on vacation with me and the extra blender would be a good back up just in case something happened to the first one. There isn’t a cleaner out there that works better on the beauty blender than the one made for it so I had to purchase this.
This little gem came free with a dress I ordered from Lulu’s. It was very much a surprise as it wasn’t even noted that I’d be receiving a gift or surprise with my purchase. It is a very nice colour and it will be in my makeup bag when I travel.
Maybelline Dream Sun Bronzing Face Illuminator
I bought this because Dulce had it in her haul. Also, I like that it can be used alone or with makeup. It’s travel size which makes it the perfect face brightener on vacation when you don’t want to put on makeup but just want to look refreshed. It has a very pretty shimmer but as much as I tried I couldn’t take a good picture of a swatch on my hand to show you.
Coach Saffiano Large City Tote in Silver/Cobalt
*Surprise* I bought another bag… Yea… So, I wanted a huge sturdy bag to travel with. As I said before, my husband was pushing me towards a backpack but I just couldn’t.. My Michael Kors bag isn’t sturdy and I’ve realized it doesn’t hold too much for a travel bag. I settled on this one because of the pockets. When I say settled I mean I searched and searched and this is what I finally made up my mind to get. It has two large pockets on one side. The largest pocket can hold up to a 15inch laptop and the second one can hold a Surface or any other tablet. On the other side is another large zipped pocket and it has two smaller pockets for your phone and keys or whatever you put in those. I also peeped at the Michael Kors totes but the one with the laptop pocket in the middle was not a good choice as it would be weird having my camera in there and the laptop in the middle of the bag. I like that this one has the pockets to the side and I can easily slip it in and out for Security. It also has a zip closure – something that is very important for me with totes. The Michael Kors Jet Set Tote only has a single hook closure in the middle of the bag and I didn’t want that. I was caught between this colour and red but I thought red would be way to bright as a travel bag and I’ll get one as a smaller handbag but not this big.
I’m going to be extremely busy until I leave but I’ll try to throw in one more post before I do. Have a wonderful weekend! And I look forward to sharing my vacation pics with you.
Symone, your thought process before you bought that bag sounds just like how I usually am. Some things just can’t be bought all willy nilly lol. I love your choice in the end. I’m jealous of that product haul though.
Haha! That’s my thought process when I’m buying anything over $100 or close to it :). I should look into a subscription box for Barbados then…