In my video towards the end of last year, I shared two round tins of Vaseline lip therapy that I bought in London. I didn’t realize that both of them were basically the UK version of the little tubs I’d bought here before in Target and Walgreens. So, I decided to post a little review/comparison of them.
- The texture – the US version is thicker and more suited for Winter’s dry chapped lips. The UK version is light and looks more glossy, more for Spring/Summer
- Packaging – I love the UK’s packaging because you don’t have to use your fingers. Like the Nivea Lip Butters, I just kiss it and rub my lips together and it spreads evenly. With the US version, I feel obliged to sanitize my fingers first before I use one of them for application.
- Ingredients – I love that the UK version has Rose and Almond oil not only in it but on the packaging as well. I guess it’s what gives it that lightweight texture. The US version has none of this, it’s not even shown on the packaging.
- As much as I love the lightweight feel and packaging of the UK version I found that I was reapplying very often. The US version was stuck around for a while even though it left the outer rim of my lips a bit sticky.
- I took the UK Version to Barbados with me and it became very soft that I did have to use my fingers with it. It also meant that if I wasn’t careful I looked like I just ate fried chicken…
- Tint – The UK version has more of a tint that the US version does, in my opinion.
I like both products. I have a preference for the US version because of the texture and that is because it is currently Winter. I think I’ll lean towards the UK version once Spring comes around but who knows. They each have qualities that I like and I will continue to use both. My husband has taken a liking to the Original and Cocoa Butter lip therapies. For him, as well, it’s great for Winter and chapped lips.